According to a post on CNet security news the latest way to find those anonymous Tor users is to target their messenger service, jiu-jitsu!
The NSA has been able to use ad networks like Google’s, and The Onion Router‘s own entry and exit nodes on the Internet, to follow some Tor users, according to a new report based on documents leaked by whistleblower Edward Snowden and obtained by security researcher Bruce Schneier with the Guardian. Tor is primarily funded by the US State Department and the Department of Defense, home of the NSA.
Courtesy of Seth Rosenblatt:
More of this story at: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57606178-83/nsa-tracks-google-ads-to-find-tor-users/
I am told as per this article that using Tor and tails will defeat this invasion of data privacy, as yet l have not tried this, so cannot comment! Anyone else has anything to add ,please leave a comment.
- TorSearch launches to be the Google of the hidden internet (venturebeat.com)
- NSA targeting users of Internet privacy tool (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- The NSA Tracks Tor Users Entry and Exit Nodes Using Fake Google Ads (softwarebodyguard.wordpress.com)
- New UK Cyber Police Chief: We Need Skills To De-Anonymise Tor Crooks (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Protect your Privacy Completely : Web Browsing with TAILS + Tor (aceishop.com)